The Leisure Pool is an exciting area filled with lots of fun features, including 7 slides and flumes suitable for all ages. For the little ones we have an extensive range of low and high level interactive water features; tipping buckets, spinning wheels and sprays. They are designed to provide visual stimulation, aid sensory development and build water confidence through play.
To adhere to the government’s social distancing guidelines and with Swim England's guidance we have made some changes to how we are operating our pools.
- Have no more than six people in your group, unless you all live together (or are in the same support bubble)
- Avoid social interaction with anyone outside the group you are with, even if you see other people you know
We have introduced new safety measures include: reducing the number of visitors per session and introducing a one way system throughout our building and in the changing rooms.
We will continue to monitor Government announcements and update our guidance in line with any changes to the regulations.
The Leisure Pool will only be open on the weekends from 10:00 – 18:00
- You must pre book your Leisure Pool session online. If you don't pre book you will not be allowed in the pool.
- Enter the building via the main ramp.
- Show your booking confirmation at Main Reception and collect your ticket.
- Head down to Pool Control following our one way system.
- Enter Pool Control and swap your ticket for a coloured wristband.
- All swimmers are guaranteed an hour and a half of pool time.
- Please arrive ‘beach ready’ to help keep the changing rooms clear.
- Lockers are available to use in the changing rooms and require a £1 coin to operate, which is refunded.
- Once ready follow the one way system through the changing rooms and onto poolside.
- After you have enjoyed your Leisure Pool session you can rinse off in the showers and change in a cubicle.
- On your way out please return your coloured wristband to Pool Control.
Pool changing rooms
- The changing area is made up of family cubicles, disabled cubicles, unisex and separate male and female changing rooms.
- All lockers require £1 coins which is refundable.
- We have two family shower areas and two banks of walk through showers.
- Time in the changing rooms needs to be kept to a minimum. After your session please rinse off in a shower, change and promptly leave.
- All children under 9 years of age must be accompanied in the water by a responsible adult. Only 2 children under 9 years to every one adult of which only one child can be under 4 years of age.
- An adult is someone aged 16 and over.
- Please inform the lifeguard if anyone in your group suffers from a medical condition e.g. epilepsy. There is disabled visitor access to all pools. Please do not hesitate to ask for assistance.
- Riders must be over 1 metre tall to use The Surf and Aqua Whizz.
Will the slides and wave machine be open?
All slides will be open. However they are subject to availability on the day. Please be aware that there may be queues. Respect social distancing rules and keep a safe distance away from other people when queuing on the stairs.
The wave machine will not be open during the first phase of the Leisure Pool reopening.