I have been very pleased with how the lane swimming has been organised. It is not overcrowded at all and the one way system works very wellVictoria
Lane swimming is a fantastic form of exercise that works muscle groups all over your body, helping you to stay fit and healthy while building up your strength and endurance! Swimming regularly can also help you to relax. Just 30 minutes of pool time will help to reduce stress levels, which in turn will help you to sleep better.
We have an 8 lane 25m pool, each with differing speeds.
- Slow: Head up breastroke, long and regular recovery between lengths 50-60 seconds per length
- Medium: Casual freestyle, minimal recovery between lengths 30-50 seconds per length
- Fast: Competetive freestyle, minimal to no recovery between lengths 20-30 seconds per length
Pick a lane depending on your speed and just keep swimming! If you’re noticing other swimmers are catching up with you, then you a free to move to a slower lane. Sticking to a regular pace while swimming will help build up your stamina and endurance.
If you need to stop for a breather make sure to do this when you’re at the end of the lane and as far to the side as possible, allowing other swimmers to pass and to avoid them crashing into you!
Swimming is an important life skill and it’s important to keep practising, as you never know when you might need it!
General lane swimming information
- We advise that you pre book your swimming session online
- Sessions can be booked up to 2 weeks in advance
- Minimum age for lane swimming is 9 years old
- Lockers are available to use in the family village changing rooms and require a £1 coin to operate, which is refunded
- Shower and changing facilities are available to use after your session