I have been very pleased with how the lane swimming has been organised. It is not overcrowded at all and the one way system works very wellVictoria
Lane swimming is a fantastic form of exercise that works muscle groups all over your body, helping you to stay fit and healthy while building up your strength and endurance! Swimming regularly can also help you to relax. Just 30 minutes of pool time will help to reduce stress levels, which in turn will help you to sleep better.
We have created 4 double lanes in the 25m pool, each with differing speeds.
- Lane 1 - Slow lane: Head up breastroke, long and regular recovery between lengths 50-60 seconds per length
- Lane 2 - Medium slow lane: A mixture of freestyle and breastroke, short but regular recovery between lengths 40-50 seconds per length
- Lane 3 - Medium fast lane: Casual freestyle, minimal recovery between lengths 30-40 seconds per length
- Lane 4 - Fast lane: Competetive freestyle, minimal to no recovery between lengths 20-30 seconds per length
Pick a lane depending on your speed and just keep swimming! If you’re noticing other swimmers are catching up with you, then you a free to move to a slower lane. Sticking to a regular pace while swimming will help build up your stamina and endurance.
If you need to stop for a breather make sure to do this when you’re at the end of the lane and as far to the side as possible, allowing other swimmers to pass and to avoid them crashing into you!
Swimming is an important life skill and it’s important to keep practising, as you never know when you might need it!
To adhere to the Government’s and Swim England's social distancing guidelines we have reduced the number of visitors per session and introduced a one way system throughout our building and in the changing rooms.
We advise that all customers wear a face covering when moving in and around the building
What has changed since we've reopened?
- You must pre book your swimming session online
- Sessions can be booked up to 2 weeks in advance
- All lane swimming sessions are 45 minutes long
- Please make sure to arrive 'beach ready'
- Follow the one way system throughout the building and in the changing rooms
- Lockers are available to use in the family village changing rooms and require a £1 coin to operate, which is refunded.
- Shower and changing facilities are available to use after your session
Lane Swimming Timetable
To adhere to our new Swim School timetable some lanes may not be in use at certain times. Please check our timetable below to find out how many lanes will available during each season. This timetable will run from Wednesday 2nd December - Monday 21st December.