What pools are open?
The 25 meter pool is open for lane swimming sessions and the teaching pool is open for family bubble swim sessions.
The Leisure Pool is currently open every Saturday and Sunday.
The dive pool will remain closed for now.
What is a COVID-19 secure venue?
As a COVID-19 secure venue this allows us to host multiple groups within the centre at any one time. However you must follow the social distancing guidelines whilst carrying out your activity which includes:
- You must not socialise with anyone you do not live with or who is not in your support bubble in any indoor setting
- Avoid social interaction with anyone outside the group you are with, even if you see other people you know
What is the adult and child supervision policy for lane swimming?
- A child has to be supervised by an adult at all times
- The adult has to be from the same household as the child
- No children under the age of 9 years old will be allowed to swim during the lane swimming sessions
- All swimmers must be able to swim a minimum of 50 meters unaided
- Child: 9 - 15 years old
- Adult: 16+ years old
Are there any lane swimming ability requirements?
You must be able to swim a minimum of 50 meters unaided.
How long do I get in the Leisure Pool?
Sessions run for 1 hour and 30 minutes. You can only use the leisure pool. The dive pool will not be open for pool crossovers.
Are changing rooms available?
The changing area is made up of family cubicles, disabled cubicles, unisex and separate male and female changing rooms with two family shower areas and two banks of walk through showers.
Please make sure to arrive ‘beach ready’ this means you need to be wearing your swimwear underneath your clothing. Lockers require £1 coins. Time in changing facilities need to be kept to a minimum, therefore after your session please rinse off in a shower, change and promptly leave.
Are the toilets open?
Yes, the toilets will be open and available to use, but you must follow the one way system.
Do I need to book online?
Yes, all sessions must be booked online in advance. You will need to collect a ticket from reception, which you trade in at pool control for a coloured wristband.
Will the slides and wave machine be open?
All slides will be open. However they are subject to availability on the day. Please be aware that there may be queues. Respect social distancing rules and keep a safe distance away from other people when queuing on the stairs.
The wave machine will unfortunately not be running.
Swim hats are worn by all children in our swim school and are colour coded to which class they are in. Hats are provided on joining the school and when progressing through levels.
Previously we have taken old swim school hats back and recycled them either within the swim school for children who have lost or left their hats at home or recycled them. However due to Covid 19 we are reducing the amount of used equipment we take from customers and we are asking customers to recycle them themselves. Here are some way:
- Use them outside of swimming lessons
- Disinfect them and pass onto someone else
- Send your old hats to Swim Tayka who are a charity that helps underprivileged children with swim equipment. For more information click here
- Send your old hats to Cool Bathing who aim to Up-cycle and Re-cycle old swim caps. For more information click here
Please help us play a part in helping to reduce land fill and recycle where we can.
How do I cancel my swimming lessons?
In order to cancel your swimming lessons please follow the link below:
As soon as we receive your online form then a member of our Customer Services team will be in contact with you shortly to process the cancellation.
I missed viewing the photos I had taken in the leisure pool?
If you have missed viewing you photos taken at Guildford Spectrum, sorry but Splash Photos do not post the images online or send out images by e-mail.
The good news is, images are held at Spectrum before being deleted for up to a month. You can call us on 07973 362 394 to arrange viewing with the photographer.
For more information visit splashphotos.biz