Please read on for information about how we support our customers who have a disability and require any support with access or have any individual requirements to assist them to enjoy their visit to Spectrum.
It is the philosophy of Guildford Spectrum to create an inclusive environment whereby people who have a disability can access all services provided within the centre.
We encourage our customers to let staff know if we are not meeting their own individual needs.
Customers can raise their comments using our feedback service by clicking on this link to our comment card, emailing us at email@example.com or speaking with the Duty Manager when on site.
- Guildford Spectrum is fully accessible with ramps and lifts
- There is wheelchair access to all levels and all facilities
- A hoist is available to access the pools with appropriate changing facilities
- All areas have accessible toilet facilities and a dry accessible changing room is available on level 1
- Wheelchairs are permitted on the ice rink and ramps are available in Spectrum Bowl to gain access to the lanes.
- There are remote access buttons adjacent to the internal doors around the building
- Our reception areas are fitted with hearing induction loops
There is ample free parking for 1,000 cars at Spectrum including spaces for wheelchair users at the front of the building and also adjacent to the accessible entrance, which is to the right of the entrance ramp.
Concessions and Carer Discounts
- If you are a customer and have additional needs and require assistance on your visits to Guildford Spectrum, we can issue one complimentary ticket to the Leisure Pool and Ice Skating per disabled customer. The complimentary ticket is issued to the carer. The carer has to be a responsible adult over the age of 16 and the carer is not to be included in the pool supervision ratios
- Pool supervision ratio - All children under the age of 9 years old must be accompanied in the water by a responsible adult (16+). One adult can be responsible for two children under the age of 9, of which only one child can be under the age of 4. If a person in your party requires a carer, then that person and the carer can’t be included in an pool ratios
- The carers go free ticket is available to help customers who have additional needs or who require assistance to access and fully enjoy our facilities
- Concession prices are available for our activities for those in receipt of the following; Income Support, Disability Living Allowance / Personal Independence Payment, Senior Citizens (65+), Unemployed and Students (on production of a valid NUS, ISIC or concessionary active card)
- Customers will be asked for verification of their concession status when purchasing tickets (or when collecting tickets if booking tickets online)
- The customer details, along with their concession type, are stored onto the card. The concession type is applied for a year and will need to be renewed annually
- Each time the customer visits Spectrum the card is given to the Customer Services staff member who will use the card to allow the concession status price
- This process would also apply where a customer may wish to receive a carers concession rate when visiting as an accompanying carer. Please call 01483 443322 to discuss carer discount options
Concessionary Active Card (Green Card)
- The concessionary reward card scheme offers free sessions and great offers for concession customers
- Each time you present your active card when paying for certain activities we will credit your card with 'metre points' for you to collect
- Once you have collected your 'metre points' you can redeem them against certain activities listed on the active card website, or ask a member of the Customer Services team for details
- All concessionary card holders will be able to take advantage of the concessionary prices at Guildford Spectrum, Guildford Lido and Ash Manor Sports Centre
- Spectrum Sports offers a range of activities able to be adapted to accommodate individual needs and requirements
- A specific special needs gymnastics course for 5 to 16 year olds is offered through our partnership with Flair Gymnastics
- Spectrum Bowl offers tenpin bowling for everyone, of any ability or standard
- Ball ramps and smaller lightweight balls are available. Wheelchairs have direct access to the bowling lanes
- Concession prices apply at all times and this is also applied to the accompanying carer
- Tenpin Bowling sessions can be booked in advance and concessionary tickets purchased. You will be asked to verify your concession status when you collect your tickets on site. Please visit our Box Office on this link
- Spectrum Ice offers the opportunity for people who are wheelchair users, to fully access the ice rink
- On the public skating sessions, accompanying carers skate for free and concession prices are available for all daytime and teatime sessions
- Skating aids are available to help assist with skating, subject to availability. Please enquire at skate hire within Spectrum Ice
- Ice Skating sessions can be booked in advance and concessionary tickets purchased. You will be asked to verify your concession status when you collect your tickets on site. Please visit our Box Office on this link
- If a person in your party requires a carer, then that person and the carer can’t be included in an pool ratios
- Spectrum Pools offers access to all pools for visitors who have a disability and 2 chair hoists are available
- Please let us know if you require assistance, in advance by calling 01483 443322 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will also be able to assist you on the day if you do not let us know in advance
- Please inform the lifeguard if you or anyone in your group suffers from a medical condition e.g. Epilepsy
- Concession rates are available at all times during the public swimming sessions in the Leisure Pool and 25 Metre Pool. Accompanying carers swim for free
- Leisure Pool sessions can be booked in advance and concessionary tickets purchased. You will be asked to verify your concession status when you collect your tickets on site. Please visit our Box Office on this link
- There is an accessible changing/shower area for swimmers who have a disability and require a more easily accessible changing area.
- Guildford Spectrum Exercise GP Referral Scheme; this scheme provides an excellent opportunity to address inequalities in health care, disease prevention and enhancement of quality of life. Customers are allocated a qualified GP Referral Specialist Instructor who will devise a personal activity plan to help you make positive changes to your lifestyle and become more active for life
- Spectrum Gym has invested in inclusive equipment enabling people who live with impairments to reap the benefits associated with structured exercise
- Group classes are available
- Please call Spectrum Gym on 01483 443322, for details on these sessions and other specialist sessions being held in the gym.