We now advise that all customers wear a face covering when moving around the building.
In line with government guidelines we have downloaded and created a QR code and located posters with the QR code on all around the building.
QR codes will be an important way for NHS Test and Trace in England and NHS Test, Trace, Protect in Wales to contact multiple people if coronavirus outbreaks are identified in venues.
Before you arrive we ask that you download the app to your phone.
Each time you visit you will be asked to scan the QR code to register your visit.
Download the app here
We are ready to welcome you back … we have missed you
Things will be different to how they were before we closed on 20th March. We have been working hard to plan how we can reopen safely and provide you, our valued customers, with the reassurance we know you need to come back. Your local leisure centre sits right at the heart of your community and that will not change.
What will this mean to you our customers?
Our reopening plans focus on ensuring we have safe, clean facilities that make the most of the indoor and outdoor space on offer, so you have lots of room for what you want to do.
We need to manage customer flow in each activity area to ensure social distancing
- We ask you to be respectful of all other people in the facility and to keep a 2m physical distance
- Gym equipment will be spaced out and different areas of the centre may be used to give everybody more space
- We’ll reduce the capacity of group exercise classes where necessary so you have more personal space between you and others
- Where outside facilities exist at your centre, some of our classes may be outside in the fresh air
- You will have to adhere to new social distancing guidelines in our swimming pool changing rooms, the poolside and the water itself
We need to maintain high levels of cleanliness and hygiene at all times and this is everyone's responsibility
- We will have an enhanced cleaning regime
- There will be hand sanitising stations located around your centre for you to use
- Please use the provided disinfectant to clean down machines and equipment before and after use
- Personal towels are permitted but we would encourage you to use disinfectant wipes that are provided
- In almost all centres, our dry changing rooms will remain closed for the foreseeable future so come prepared for this
- Drinking fountains will not be available to use initially so please bring pre-filled water bottles
- To protect everyone we are going to be cashless so contactless only payments please
What about your membership?
There is no need to contact us, we’ll be in touch with members with detailed information before we reopen. But to anticipate a few customer questions now:
- We have automatically frozen all membership and lesson/course payments so you do not have to pay while the facility is closed
- Annual memberships will be extended by the number of months the membership has been frozen
- When your centre is due to open, we will give you notice as to when we will restart your payments, and we will be telling you about how we plan to thank you for your loyalty to your local community leisure centre – so watch this space for more information
We appreciate your understanding and patience and we will make sure we can offer a safe environment for our customers and staff to return to what will be the “new normal”.