Ice Skating Courses
Whether you are a complete beginner or want to improve your skills - we've got a course to suit you.
Please click on the left menu for adults, children or hockey courses
Places are now available for Monday, Wednesday and Thursday Junior Ice Skating courses.
Customers are required to contact Customer Services to add their name to the list, either in person or by calling 01483 443322 (select option 4).
Bookings for new customers can be made as follows:
1) By calling 01483 443322 and selecting option 4 for bookings and then option 2 for courses.
Customer Services opening hours are: Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm, Saturday 9.00am - 1.00pm and closed Sunday
2) Waiting lists for courses that are currently full are open for customers to leave contact details for future enrolment.
The following payment options are available:
- Cash In person only
- Maestro/Mastercard/Visa/Visa Delta By phone or in person
We regret that reservations are not possible and bookings can only be made with payment.
Spread the cost
Skaters/parents from September 2016 will be able to spread the cost of their lessons by choosing to pay by direct debit. The monthly payment is made up of 10 equal payments between September and July, including a small payment in Dec & August to maintain the continuous nature of the direct debit payment.
Please click here to view September 2016 to August 2017 Ice School payment options.
Ice School Programme
Click here to view the September 2016 to August 2017 Ice School timetables.
Skaters will undertake continual assessment against the criteria set out within the levels of the NISA Level Plan. Once a Skater has demonstrated a satisfactory level of competency in all elements of the criteria then they will be recommended to progress to the next level within the programme (this will be facilitated subject to the availability of suitable space).
Free access to public Ice Skating session
This offer is available to all Ice Skaters enrolled onto a Spectrum learn to skate programme. Click here to read more
To access FREE Skate For All sessions skaters MUST have an active card and the Ice On Course FREE membership layered onto the active card (this can be done at Customer Services).
Customers MUST swiped in at main reception to obtain a “zero valued” ticket prior to entry into the Ice Rink. All skate tickets must be presented at the Ice Rink entrance door to gain entry. This ticket is valid for the length of the session only.
- Adult Ice School customers can skate for Free Monday to Friday, term time only. Does not include 2Xtreme and Ice Xtreme Disco sessions on a Friday evening.
- Junior and Ice Pups Ice School customers can skate for FREE Monday to Friday daytime sessions, Saturday and Sunday morning sessions and Wednesday Tea Time sessions, all are only available for FREE Term Time only.
1:1 Ice Skating lessons
These sessions provide children/adults with individual attention and a faster learning rate. They can focus on either specific skating skills / technique or follow the relevant levels in the NISA Level Plan.
The waiting list for one to one skating lessons for adults and children is currently CLOSED.